Filter by tags: Uranium mining Uranium United States Belgium Clear all tag filters
2 news articles found
The European Bank for Reconstruction and Development (EBRD) said on 28 July that work had started in the Kyrgyz Republic to overcome the legacy of uranium mining in Central Asia, a former industrial centre during the Soviet period near the border with Uzbekistan. Despite the global disruptions caused by the coronavirus pandemic intense project preparations continued in recent months to deliver the start of the construction works on schedule, EBRD noted.
- Source: NEI Magazine
- Date: Saturday, 01 August 2020
- Original article: neimagazine.com/news/newswork-begins-in-kyrgyz-republic-to-clean-up-soviet-era-uranium-8055807
Work has started in Kyrgyzstan to overcome the legacy of uranium mining in Central Asia with a ground-breaking ceremony in Shekaftar, the European Bank for Reconstruction and Development (EBRD) announced today. The Shekaftar mining complex includes three closed mines and eight mining-waste disposal areas that contain about 700,000 cubic metres of waste from mining operations.
- Source: World Nuclear News
- Date: Wednesday, 29 July 2020
- Original article: world-nuclear-news.org/Articles/Remediation-work-begins-at-Kyrgyz-legacy-uranium-s