Filter by tags: Uranium mining Finland Sweden Clear all tag filters
2 news articles found
A group of more than 100 scientists and environmentalists have written to the European Commission calling for a "timely and just assessment" of nuclear energy in the EU Taxonomy. The letter was sent by Satu Helynen, acting president of the Sustainable Nuclear Energy Technology Platform (SNETP), and addressed to EU Energy Commissioner Kadri Simson and to two European Commission vice-presidents, Valdis Dombrovskis and Frans Timmermans.
- Source: World Nuclear News
- Date: Thursday, 30 April 2020
- Original article: world-nuclear-news.org/Articles/NGOs-demand-place-for-nuclear-in-EU-Taxonomy
The Nuclear Fuel Cycle Royal Commission, established last year by the South Australia state government, has said a facility accepting nuclear waste and used fuel created by the global power generation, industry, medicine and research could be viable and could deliver significant economic benefits to the state, generating more than AUD5bn (3.6bn) a year in revenue. South Australia, which hosts the Olympic Dam uranium mine, set up the commission last year to look at the role the state should play in the nuclear industry, from mining and enrichment to energy generation and waste storage.
- Source: NEI Magazine
- Date: Wednesday, 17 February 2016
- Original article: neimagazine.com/news/newsaustralian-commission-supports-waste-storage-4814225