Filter by tags: Uranium United States Switzerland China Russia Clear all tag filters
2 news articles found
Nuclear energy is a mature and proven low-carbon source of electricity, with a 60-year track record of providing reliable and safe operation. Further innovation and technological development will enable even wider applications aimed at deep decarbonisation of economies around the world and supporting sustainable development. This was the message of King Lee, director of the Harmony Programme at World Nuclear Association, to delegates at the UN side event for Sustainable Development Goal 9, held today at COP25 in Madrid.
- Source: World Nuclear News
- Date: Wednesday, 04 December 2019
- Original article: world-nuclear-news.org/Articles/Speech-Nuclear-energy-innovation-for-clean-growth
Kyrgyzstan's parliament on 2 May voted to ban uranium exploration and mining despite previously issuing licences to foreign companies.
- Source: NEI Magazine
- Date: Tuesday, 07 May 2019
- Original article: neimagazine.com/news/newskyrgyzstan-bans-uranium-mining-as-environmental-remediation-work-begins-7195677