Filter by tags: Uranium International Atomic Energy Agency Tajikistan Russia Clear all tag filters
2 news articles found
Uzbekistan's preparations to build its first nuclear power plant are gathering pace with a sense of making up for lost time. The Central Asian country became a member of the International Atomic Energy Agency (IAEA) as long ago as 1994, has 50 years of experience in nuclear research and is the world's fifth biggest producer of uranium.
- Source: World Nuclear News
- Date: Friday, 04 October 2019
- Original article: world-nuclear-news.org/Articles/The-most-experienced-newcomer-to-nuclear-power
Kyrgyzstan's parliament on 2 May voted to ban uranium exploration and mining despite previously issuing licences to foreign companies.
- Source: NEI Magazine
- Date: Tuesday, 07 May 2019
- Original article: neimagazine.com/news/newskyrgyzstan-bans-uranium-mining-as-environmental-remediation-work-begins-7195677