Filter by tags: United States Framatome Office for Nuclear Regulation Clear all tag filters
2 news articles found
French company Framatome is planning the construction of a nuclear fuel fabrication facility in the UK as part of its plans to scale-up its operations in the country. In a separate development it also announced it was setting up a joint venture with Ultra Safe Nuclear Corporation.
- Source: World Nuclear News
- Date: Thursday, 30 November 2023
- Original article: world-nuclear-news.org/Articles/Framatome-seeking-site-for-UK-nuclear-fuel-facilit
The Governments of the Philippines and the USA signed an “Agreement for Cooperation Concerning Peaceful Uses of Nuclear Energy” also known as a Section 123 Agreement, on the sidelines of the Asia Pacific Economic Cooperation (APEC) in San Francisco, California. The US insists that countries seeking to trade nuclear power goods and services must sign formal cooperation agreements. Such Section 123 Agreements relate to the relevant paragraph of the US 1954 Atomic Energy Act which requires them.
- Source: NEI Magazine
- Date: Wednesday, 22 November 2023
- Original article: neimagazine.com/news/newsphilippines-and-us-sign-nuclear-co-operation-agreement-11315263