Filter by tags: United States San Francisco Clear all tag filters
2 news articles found
The Governments of the Philippines and the USA signed an “Agreement for Cooperation Concerning Peaceful Uses of Nuclear Energy” also known as a Section 123 Agreement, on the sidelines of the Asia Pacific Economic Cooperation (APEC) in San Francisco, California. The US insists that countries seeking to trade nuclear power goods and services must sign formal cooperation agreements. Such Section 123 Agreements relate to the relevant paragraph of the US 1954 Atomic Energy Act which requires them.
- Source: NEI Magazine
- Date: Wednesday, 22 November 2023
- Original article: neimagazine.com/news/newsphilippines-and-us-sign-nuclear-co-operation-agreement-11315263
The USA and the Philippines have signed a civil nuclear cooperation agreement - known as a 123 Agreement - that will allow the transfer of nuclear energy-related materials and components between the two countries.
- Source: World Nuclear News
- Date: Saturday, 18 November 2023
- Original article: world-nuclear-news.org/Articles/Nuclear-accord-signed-between-USA-and-Philippines