Filter by tags: United States Greenhouse gas emissions Framatome Clear all tag filters
2 news articles found
The Governments of the Philippines and the USA signed an “Agreement for Cooperation Concerning Peaceful Uses of Nuclear Energy” also known as a Section 123 Agreement, on the sidelines of the Asia Pacific Economic Cooperation (APEC) in San Francisco, California. The US insists that countries seeking to trade nuclear power goods and services must sign formal cooperation agreements. Such Section 123 Agreements relate to the relevant paragraph of the US 1954 Atomic Energy Act which requires them.
- Source: NEI Magazine
- Date: Wednesday, 22 November 2023
- Original article: neimagazine.com/news/newsphilippines-and-us-sign-nuclear-co-operation-agreement-11315263
Minister of Energy Virgil Popescu says Canada and the USA are both offering to help with the financing of the construction of Cernavoda 3 and 4 and said the US firms Fluor Corporation and Sargent & Lundy, Canada's SNC Lavalin and France's Framatome had agreed to "explore opportunities for cooperation in the civil nuclear field" with Nuclearelectrica.
- Source: World Nuclear News
- Date: Friday, 28 October 2022
- Original article: world-nuclear-news.org/Articles/Romania-s-Popescu-outlines-fresh-nuclear-partnersh