Filter by tags: United States Research and development Clear all tag filters
3 news articles found
The US Nuclear Fuel Working Group's (NFWG) has published a report, Restoring America's Competitive Nuclear Energy Advantage: A strategy to assure US National Security, aimed at reviving the USA's nuclear fuel cycle.
- Source: NEI Magazine
- Date: Wednesday, 29 April 2020
- Original article: neimagazine.com/news/newsus-recommends-bold-steps-to-assert-global-market-domination-7895000
Civil engineering works have been completed on the building that will house the fusion machine of the International Thermonuclear Experimental Reactor (ITER) at Cadarache in south-eastern France. The final concrete was poured yesterday for the upper part of the Tokamak Complex, meaning the metal frame of its roof can now be installed.
- Source: World Nuclear News
- Date: Saturday, 09 November 2019
- Original article: world-nuclear-news.org/Articles/Civil-engineering-completed-on-ITER-tokamak-buildi
The US Department of Energy and US Nuclear Regulatory Commission signed a memorandum of understanding to share technical expertise and computing resources to speed up the deployment of advanced nuclear technologies.
The MoU centres on the DOE’s new National Reactor Innovation Cengre initiative which was established to accelerate commercialisation by helping private companies test and demonstrate advanced nuclear technologies.
The agreement couples the research capabilities of the DOE’s National Laboratories with the regulatory expertise of the NRC to help the development and licensing of advanced reactors.
- Source: Nucnet
- Date: Friday, 18 October 2019
- Original article: nucnet.org/news/doe-and-nrc-share-expertise-to-speed-up-development-of-advanced-reactors-10-4-2019