Filter by tags: United States South Korea Nigeria Clear all tag filters
2 news articles found
The US Department of Energy’s (DOE’s) Office of Nuclear Energy has concluded the first-ever US Africa Nuclear Energy Summit (USANES) in Accra, Ghana. The summit was organised in partnership with Ghana’s Ministry of Energy and the Nuclear Power Institute of the Ghana Atomic Energy Commission. DOE said it “provided a platform for crucial dialogues and international cooperation on nuclear energy” where “participants from across the continent discussed the future of nuclear power and laid a foundation for sustainable nuclear energy growth in the region”.
- Source: NEI Magazine
- Date: Saturday, 11 November 2023
- Original article: neimagazine.com/news/newsfirst-us-african-nuclear-summit-concludes-in-ghana-11287149
There is growing interest in nuclear power across several African countries. The USA could be more engaged to create more equitable and sustainable deployment of clean nuclear power on the African continent, write Jessica Lovering and Kenton de Kirby of the Breakthrough Institute.
- Source: World Nuclear News
- Date: Friday, 11 January 2019
- Original article: world-nuclear-news.org/Articles/Viewpoint-Why-the-USA-should-partner-with-Africa-t