Filter by tags: United States South Korea Idaho National Laboratory Clear all tag filters
3 news articles found
A recent statement from Fitch Ratings casts doubt on any new nuclear construction in the US in the immediate future. Similar concerns were voiced during discussions at a full committee hearing of the Senate Committee on Energy & Natural Resources to Examine Opportunities and Challenges Associated with Advanced Nuclear Reactor Commercialisation.
- Source: NEI Magazine
- Date: Wednesday, 06 December 2023
- Original article: neimagazine.com/news/newsgrowing-uncertainty-in-us-regarding-economics-of-new-nuclear-11347683
US-based NuScale Power Corporation has opened the first privately-funded NuScale Energy Exploration Centre (E2 Centre) in Asia at Seoul National University (SNU) in partnership with GS Energy Corporation, Doosan Enerbility, and Samsung C&T Corporation. It will be used as a development tool for South Korea to develop the next generation of advanced nuclear experts, technologists, and operators. NuScale said this will position South Korea to become a regional leader of small modular reactor (SMR) deployment in Asia.
- Source: NEI Magazine
- Date: Saturday, 18 November 2023
- Original article: neimagazine.com/news/newsseoul-national-university-opens-nuscale-power-energy-exploration-centre-11306219
Samsung C&T and NuScale’s lead engineering, construction and procurement partner, Fluor Corporation, are also developing a business collaboration agreement to expand capabilities for future deployment of NuScale projects.
Under its agreements with NuScale and Fluor, Samsung C&T will draw upon its nuclear construction experience with the Barakah nuclear station in the United Arab Emirates and the Uljin station in South Korea, where it worked on Units 5 and 6, to serve as a partner to Fluor and other potential project participants.
John Hopkins, NuScale Power chairman and chief executive officer, said Samsung C&T’s expertise and investment in NuScale will be invaluable “as we seek to bring this revolutionary clean energy technology to market”.
- Source: Nucnet
- Date: Friday, 23 July 2021
- Original article: nucnet.org/news/nuscale-secures-investment-and-support-for-smr-project-from-south-korea-s-samsung-c-and-t-7-4-2021