Filter by tags: France Japan Germany Belgium International Atomic Energy Agency Spain Turkey United Kingdom Clear all tag filters
2 news articles found
A surge in well-designed energy policies is needed to put the world on track for a resilient energy system that can meet climate goals, the International Energy Agency said today. Unveiling the latest edition of its flagship publication, the Paris-based organisation noted that worldwide low-carbon electricity generation from nuclear and renewable energies had exceeded coal-fired generation for the first time last year.
- Source: World Nuclear News
- Date: Wednesday, 14 October 2020
- Original article: world-nuclear-news.org/Articles/IEA-report-highlights-need-for-new-momentum-behind
The International Atomic Energy Agency (IAEA) said on 2 July that the recent detection of slightly elevated levels of radioisotopes in northern Europe is likely related to a nuclear reactor that is either operating or undergoing maintenance, when very low radioactive releases can occur. The geographical origin of the release has not yet been determined.
- Source: NEI Magazine
- Date: Wednesday, 08 July 2020
- Original article: neimagazine.com/news/newsiaea-reports-on-elevated-radiation-levels-in-northern-europe-8013677