Filter by tags: Central Asia Uranium International Atomic Energy Agency Norway Clear all tag filters
2 news articles found
Significant progress has been made in cleaning up some of the legacy waste from historic uranium mining in Central Asia, but much remains to be done, with additional donations from the international community needed to complete this vital remediation work, the European Bank for Reconstruction and Development (EBRD) says.
- Source: World Nuclear News
- Date: Thursday, 14 November 2019
- Original article: world-nuclear-news.org/Articles/Call-for-funds-to-progress-Central-Asian-legacy-cl
Kyrgyzstan's parliament on 2 May voted to ban uranium exploration and mining despite previously issuing licences to foreign companies.
- Source: NEI Magazine
- Date: Tuesday, 07 May 2019
- Original article: neimagazine.com/news/newskyrgyzstan-bans-uranium-mining-as-environmental-remediation-work-begins-7195677