Filter by tags: Kyrgyzstan Belgium Clear all tag filters
2 news articles found
The European Bank for Reconstruction and Development (EBRD) said on 28 July that work had started in the Kyrgyz Republic to overcome the legacy of uranium mining in Central Asia, a former industrial centre during the Soviet period near the border with Uzbekistan. Despite the global disruptions caused by the coronavirus pandemic intense project preparations continued in recent months to deliver the start of the construction works on schedule, EBRD noted.
- Source: NEI Magazine
- Date: Saturday, 01 August 2020
- Original article: neimagazine.com/news/newswork-begins-in-kyrgyz-republic-to-clean-up-soviet-era-uranium-8055807
Significant progress has been made in cleaning up some of the legacy waste from historic uranium mining in Central Asia, but much remains to be done, with additional donations from the international community needed to complete this vital remediation work, the European Bank for Reconstruction and Development (EBRD) says.
- Source: World Nuclear News
- Date: Thursday, 14 November 2019
- Original article: world-nuclear-news.org/Articles/Call-for-funds-to-progress-Central-Asian-legacy-cl