Filter by tags: TRIGA Research reactor Clear all tag filters
2 news articles found
Of the 220 research reactors in operation today, only seven are on the African continent. In other words, with 17.2% of the world population and the strongest expected growth in the coming years, Africans have access to only 3% of the world's nuclear research reactor capacity. Marguerite Leonardi, senior advisor at NPC Consulting & Engineering, and Professor Vincent Lukanda Mwamba, Commissaire Général of the Commissariat Général à l’Energie Atomique, explain why that is a concern and why the research reactor in Kinshasa should be restarted urgently.
- Source: World Nuclear News
- Date: Tuesday, 13 October 2020
- Original article: world-nuclear-news.org/Articles/Viewpoint-Why-research-reactors-are-so-important-f
The US Department of Energy’s National Nuclear Security Administration (DOE/NNSA) said on 20 February that it had completed its evaluation of applications submitted in response to a funding opportunity for the production of molybdenum-99 (Mo-99) without the use of highly enriched uranium (HEU).
- Source: NEI Magazine
- Date: Tuesday, 26 February 2019
- Original article: neimagazine.com/news/newsus-to-fund-four-companies-to-produce-mo-99-without-use-of-heu-7008435