Filter by tags: United Kingdom France International Atomic Energy Agency Belgium Clear all tag filters
2 news articles found
The International Atomic Energy Agency (IAEA) said on 2 July that the recent detection of slightly elevated levels of radioisotopes in northern Europe is likely related to a nuclear reactor that is either operating or undergoing maintenance, when very low radioactive releases can occur. The geographical origin of the release has not yet been determined.
- Source: NEI Magazine
- Date: Wednesday, 08 July 2020
- Original article: neimagazine.com/news/newsiaea-reports-on-elevated-radiation-levels-in-northern-europe-8013677
The International Atomic Energy Agency (IAEA) announced today the passing of its director general, Yukiya Amano. His term in office was due to end in late 2021, but Amano, who was 72, had been planning to step down from the post, which he had held for almost ten years, the agency said.
- Source: World Nuclear News
- Date: Monday, 22 July 2019
- Original article: world-nuclear-news.org/Articles/IAEA-Director-General-Yukiya-Amano-passes-away