Filter by tags: United Kingdom International Energy Agency China Coronavirus disease 2019 Germany Japan Clear all tag filters
2 news articles found
The challenges the nuclear industry faces are largely external and must be overcome if it is to help tackle the existential threat of climate change, panellists in the Nuclear Energy and its Future session of the Reuters Next conference on 11 January said. These challenges include: the notion nuclear is an out-dated technology; the cost of finance; market design; political changes; perceived competition with renewable energy; and the public's misconceptions about radioactive waste.
- Source: World Nuclear News
- Date: Friday, 15 January 2021
- Original article: world-nuclear-news.org/Articles/The-real-challenges-to-nuclear-are-external,-says
The Covid-19 pandemic represents the biggest shock to the global energy system in more than seven decades, the International Energy Agency (IEA) has said.
- Source: NEI Magazine
- Date: Wednesday, 20 May 2020
- Original article: neimagazine.com/news/newsiea-looks-at-the-impact-of-covid-19-on-global-energy-7904408