Filter by tags: United Kingdom Idaho National Laboratory Clear all tag filters
2 news articles found
The Jordan Atomic Energy Commission (JAEC) has signed a memorandum of understanding (MoU) with X-energy to assess the US company's small modular reactor (SMR). They will look at the potential deployment of X-energy's Xe-100 high temperature gas-cooled pebble bed modular reactor in Jordan.
- Source: World Nuclear News
- Date: Wednesday, 29 November 2017
- Original article: world-nuclear-news.org/Articles/Jordan-to-consider-deployment-of-X-energy-SMR
US-based NuScale Power has submitted the first-ever design certification application to the US Nuclear Regulatory Commission (NRC) for a small modular reactor (SMR), NuScale said in a 12 January statement that it had asked NRC to approve its SMR commercial power plant design as “a major step towards the deployment of the next generation of advanced nuclear technology”.
- Source: NEI Magazine
- Date: Monday, 16 January 2017
- Original article: neimagazine.com/news/newsnuscale-submits-us-design-certification-application-5716893