Filter by tags: Ulf Kristersson Clear all tag filters
2 news articles found
The Swedish government unveils a roadmap which envisages the construction of new nuclear generating capacity equivalent to at least two large-scale reactors by 2035, with up to ten new large-scale reactors coming online by 2045.
- Source: World Nuclear News
- Date: Saturday, 18 November 2023
- Original article: world-nuclear-news.org/Articles/Roadmap-launched-for-expansion-of-nuclear-energy-i
Sweden’s Government and the Swedish Democrats have introduced a new bill to parliament – New Nuclear Power for Sweden – a first step. The bill proposes that the provision in the Environmental Code which prohibits the construction of nuclear reactors in places other than where nuclear power is already available be removed. In addition, it proposes removing a provision limiting the number of reactors in operation to ten. The legislative amendments are expected to enter into force on 1 January 2024.
- Source: NEI Magazine
- Date: Thursday, 12 October 2023
- Original article: neimagazine.com/news/newssweden-looks-to-remove-obstacles-to-nuclear-new-build-11210624