Filter by tags: Africa Belgium Clear all tag filters
2 news articles found
Making a commitment to build six new EPRs in France would be an "effective stimulus" for the country's economy as it recovers in the years ahead from the shock of COVID-19, the French nuclear energy society (SFEN) wrote in a position paper published this week. Nuclear energy "ticks all three boxes" highlighted in the debate about the recovery - that investments should be in low-carbon, resilient and sovereign industries, it said.
- Source: World Nuclear News
- Date: Saturday, 16 May 2020
- Original article: world-nuclear-news.org/Articles/SFEN-Nuclear-essential-to-economic-recovery
Leaked memoranda from the US embassy in London to Washington from 2007-9 reveal angst over Iran’s nuclear power programme, concern about international fuel banks, and the head of the IAEA, according to a series of nuclear power-related documents published by Wikileaks and UK newspaper The Daily Telegraph earlier this year. The most notable findings are summarized below.
- Source: NEI Magazine
- Date: Friday, 04 March 2011
- Original article: neimagazine.com/news/newswikileaks-reveals-art-of-nuclear-diplomacy