Filter by tags: Brazil Mining Clear all tag filters
2 news articles found
Indústrias Nucleares do Brasil (INB) says it has completed the first stage of demolition of buildings at the Unit for Decommissioning of Caldas (UDC) in southern Minas Gerais, which is currently undertaking clean-up of a former uranium mine. Altogether 12 buildings were demolished at the industrial plant comprising 1,900 square metres of disused structures. The cooling tower was the last structure demolished in early September. According to INB, the area where the buildings were located will be restructured using local soil.
- Source: NEI Magazine
- Date: Wednesday, 27 September 2023
- Original article: neimagazine.com/news/newsinb-completes-first-stage-of-decommissioning-in-caldas-11174058
US Secretary of State Antony Blinken yesterday called on heads of state to put their political differences to one side and make a collective effort to tackle global warming. Blinken moderated the first session of the Leaders Summit on Climate, which included Chinese President Xi Jinping and Russian President Vladimir Putin.
- Source: World Nuclear News
- Date: Saturday, 24 April 2021
- Original article: world-nuclear-news.org/Articles/Politics-should-not-detract-from-climate-policy,-s