Filter by tags: Thermal energy storage Clear all tag filters
2 news articles found
The US Department of Energy (DOE) on 13 October announced it has selected two teams to receive $160 million in initial funding under the new Advanced Reactor Demonstration Program (ARDP).
- Source: NEI Magazine
- Date: Friday, 16 October 2020
- Original article: neimagazine.com/news/newsus-funding-for-terrapower-and-x-energy-8181875
Teams led by TerraPower and X-energy have been announced as the recipients of USD160 million in initial funding under the US Department of Energy's (DOE) Advanced Reactor Demonstration Program (ARDP). The companies get USD80 million each to build a demonstration plant that can be operational within seven years.
- Source: World Nuclear News
- Date: Thursday, 15 October 2020
- Original article: world-nuclear-news.org/Articles/US-DOE-selects-advanced-reactor-designs-for-demons