Filter by tags: Sustainable energy Clear all tag filters
2 news articles found
The International Energy Agency’s World Energy Outlook (WEO) 2020 focuses on the next ten years, exploring different pathways out of the crisis caused by the COVID-19 pandemic.
- Source: NEI Magazine
- Date: Friday, 16 October 2020
- Original article: neimagazine.com/news/newsworld-energy-outlook-2020-examines-pathways-out-of-the-pandemic-crisis-8182226
A surge in well-designed energy policies is needed to put the world on track for a resilient energy system that can meet climate goals, the International Energy Agency said today. Unveiling the latest edition of its flagship publication, the Paris-based organisation noted that worldwide low-carbon electricity generation from nuclear and renewable energies had exceeded coal-fired generation for the first time last year.
- Source: World Nuclear News
- Date: Wednesday, 14 October 2020
- Original article: world-nuclear-news.org/Articles/IEA-report-highlights-need-for-new-momentum-behind