Filter by tags: China Sustainable energy United States Finland International Atomic Energy Agency Japan Clear all tag filters
2 news articles found
In the run up to the 26th United Nations Climate Change Conference, COP26 in November, the International Atomic Energy Agency (IAEA) has published a comprehensive report setting out how nuclear techniques can help the world adapt to a changing climate and become more resilient to extreme weather events.
- Source: NEI Magazine
- Date: Tuesday, 19 October 2021
- Original article: neimagazine.com/news/newsiaea-releases-two-reports-in-run-up-to-cop26-9162429
A surge in well-designed energy policies is needed to put the world on track for a resilient energy system that can meet climate goals, the International Energy Agency said today. Unveiling the latest edition of its flagship publication, the Paris-based organisation noted that worldwide low-carbon electricity generation from nuclear and renewable energies had exceeded coal-fired generation for the first time last year.
- Source: World Nuclear News
- Date: Wednesday, 14 October 2020
- Original article: world-nuclear-news.org/Articles/IEA-report-highlights-need-for-new-momentum-behind