Filter by tags: Rooppur 1 Rosatom Bangladesh Clear all tag filters
2 news articles found
The concreting of the first tier of the inner containment has been completed at the Rooppur-1 nuclear power plant under construction in Bangladesh, Russian state nuclear corporation Rosatom said.
Rosatom, whose engineering division is the general contractor for the project, said the concreting is “one of the key events” in the construction of the plant.
“We have completed concreting work on the first tier to a height of six metres, with 1,145 cubic metres of concrete laid,” said project spokesman Yury Koshelev.
Rosatom said installation of the main equipment of the reactor compartment will begin in 2020.
- Source: Nucnet
- Date: Wednesday, 30 October 2019
- Original article: nucnet.org/news/rosatom-announces-concreting-landmark-at-rooppur-1-10-1-2019
Atommash, part of the Volgodonsk branch of Russia's AEM Technology, has completed the manufacture of the upper part of the reactor pressure vessel (RPV) for unit 1 of the Rooppur nuclear power plant in Bangladesh.
- Source: World Nuclear News
- Date: Wednesday, 02 October 2019
- Original article: world-nuclear-news.org/Articles/Rosatom-completes-upper-RPV-for-Rooppur-unit-1