Filter by tags: Nuclear fuel Canada Sodium Clear all tag filters
2 news articles found
Teams led by TerraPower and X-energy have been announced as the recipients of USD160 million in initial funding under the US Department of Energy's (DOE) Advanced Reactor Demonstration Program (ARDP). The companies get USD80 million each to build a demonstration plant that can be operational within seven years.
- Source: World Nuclear News
- Date: Thursday, 15 October 2020
- Original article: world-nuclear-news.org/Articles/US-DOE-selects-advanced-reactor-designs-for-demons
US-based GE Hitachi Nuclear Energy (GEH) and Advanced Reactor Concepts (ARC Nuclear) on 12 March signed a memorandum of understanding (MOU) to collaborate on the development and licensing of an advanced small modular reactor (SMR) based on Generation IV sodium-cooled fast reactor technology.
- Source: NEI Magazine
- Date: Wednesday, 15 March 2017
- Original article: neimagazine.com/news/newsus-companies-collaborate-on-small-fast-reactor-technology-5763171