Filter by tags: NuScale Power United Kingdom Clear all tag filters
3 news articles found
The All-Party Parliamentary Group on Nuclear Energy report, Made in Britain: The Pathway to a Nuclear Renaissance, says multiple small modular reactor (SMR) units should be ordered to justify firms' investment in UK production facilities - and calls for Wylfa in North Wales to be backed within the next year as the next large-scale plant.
- Source: World Nuclear News
- Date: Saturday, 18 November 2023
- Original article: world-nuclear-news.org/Articles/UK-should-emulate-France-and-South-Korea-on-new-nu
The UK Department for Energy Security & Net Zero (DESNZ) and Great British Nuclear (GBN) have selected six companies to advance to next phase of the small modular reactor (SMR) competition for innovative nuclear technologies.
- Source: NEI Magazine
- Date: Friday, 06 October 2023
- Original article: neimagazine.com/news/newsuk-selects-six-companies-for-next-stage-of-smr-competition-11196025
Countries around the world turned to nuclear as a reliable low-carbon energy source as they looked for ways to wean themselves off Russian imports and lower carbon emissions.
New plants began operating, deals for small modular reactors were signed and countries announced ambitious plans for new-build.
On the political front, US president Joe Biden signed into law new legislation that will help to finance struggling nuclear reactors and could save dozens from being shut down early. In Europe, the nuclear industry celebrated when members of the European parliament decided to “follow the science” and support legislation which includes nuclear in the bloc’s sustainable finance taxonomy for green investment.
- Source: Nucnet
- Date: Tuesday, 10 January 2023
- Original article: nucnet.org/news/five-major-developments-that-are-setting-the-stage-for-2023-and-beyond-1-1-2023