Filter by tags: NuScale Power Indonesia Philippines Clear all tag filters
2 news articles found
US small modular reactor (SMR) developer NuScale Power is interested in investing in the Philippines, the country's President Ferdinand "Bongbong" Marcos said during a five-day visit to the USA. He said NuScale plans to conduct a siting study in the Philippines.
- Source: World Nuclear News
- Date: Wednesday, 03 May 2023
- Original article: world-nuclear-news.org/Articles/NuScale-in-talks-with-the-Philippines-on-SMR-deplo
Countries around the world turned to nuclear as a reliable low-carbon energy source as they looked for ways to wean themselves off Russian imports and lower carbon emissions.
New plants began operating, deals for small modular reactors were signed and countries announced ambitious plans for new-build.
On the political front, US president Joe Biden signed into law new legislation that will help to finance struggling nuclear reactors and could save dozens from being shut down early. In Europe, the nuclear industry celebrated when members of the European parliament decided to “follow the science” and support legislation which includes nuclear in the bloc’s sustainable finance taxonomy for green investment.
- Source: Nucnet
- Date: Tuesday, 10 January 2023
- Original article: nucnet.org/news/five-major-developments-that-are-setting-the-stage-for-2023-and-beyond-1-1-2023