Filter by tags: NuScale Power Ontario Power Generation Clear all tag filters
2 news articles found
Estonia's privately held nuclear energy company, Fermi Energia, has chosen GE Hitachi Nuclear Energy's (GEH's) BWRX-300 small modular reactor (SMR) for deployment in Estonia by the early 2030s. In 2022 Fermi Energia had accepted tenders from US-Japan joint venture GE Hitachi, US-based NuScale and the UK’s Rolls-Royce. Fermi Energia said the criteria for selection were technological maturity, the establishment of a reference plant, economic competitiveness and the participation of Estonian companies in the supply chain.
- Source: NEI Magazine
- Date: Friday, 10 February 2023
- Original article: neimagazine.com/news/newsestonias-fermi-energia-chooses-bwrx-300-for-its-smr-programme-10582892
Estonia's Fermi Energia has selected GE Hitachi Nuclear Energy's (GEH's) BWRX-300 small modular reactor (SMR) for potential deployment in the Baltic country by the early 2030s. Two other SMR designs had been under consideration.
- Source: World Nuclear News
- Date: Thursday, 09 February 2023
- Original article: world-nuclear-news.org/Articles/BWRX-300-selected-for-Estonia-s-first-nuclear-powe