Filter by tags: NuScale Power United Arab Emirates Clear all tag filters
3 news articles found
US-based NuScale Power has joined the Romanian Atomic Forum (Romatom) as a supporting member to champion the association’s nuclear energy goals. Romania aims to be the first country in Europe to deploy a NuScale VOYGR small modular reactor (SMR) power plant. John Hopkins, NuScale President & CEO, said NuScale was “committed to advancing the secure deployment of SMRs globally”.
- Source: NEI Magazine
- Date: Friday, 26 May 2023
- Original article: neimagazine.com/news/newsnuscale-power-joins-romanian-atomic-forum-10884712
Funding of up to USD275 million to advance the deployment of a NuScale Power Corporation VOYGR small modular reactor (SMR) plant in Romania was announced at the G7 leaders' summit by the USA and "multinational public-private partners" from Japan, South Korea and the United Arab Emirates.
- Source: World Nuclear News
- Date: Tuesday, 23 May 2023
- Original article: world-nuclear-news.org/Articles/NuScale-s-Romanian-SMR-plan-gets-USD275-million-bo
Countries around the world turned to nuclear as a reliable low-carbon energy source as they looked for ways to wean themselves off Russian imports and lower carbon emissions.
New plants began operating, deals for small modular reactors were signed and countries announced ambitious plans for new-build.
On the political front, US president Joe Biden signed into law new legislation that will help to finance struggling nuclear reactors and could save dozens from being shut down early. In Europe, the nuclear industry celebrated when members of the European parliament decided to “follow the science” and support legislation which includes nuclear in the bloc’s sustainable finance taxonomy for green investment.
- Source: Nucnet
- Date: Tuesday, 10 January 2023
- Original article: nucnet.org/news/five-major-developments-that-are-setting-the-stage-for-2023-and-beyond-1-1-2023