Filter by tags: Small modular reactor Turkey Clear all tag filters
3 news articles found
The challenges the nuclear industry faces are largely external and must be overcome if it is to help tackle the existential threat of climate change, panellists in the Nuclear Energy and its Future session of the Reuters Next conference on 11 January said. These challenges include: the notion nuclear is an out-dated technology; the cost of finance; market design; political changes; perceived competition with renewable energy; and the public's misconceptions about radioactive waste.
- Source: World Nuclear News
- Date: Friday, 15 January 2021
- Original article: world-nuclear-news.org/Articles/The-real-challenges-to-nuclear-are-external,-says
UK-based Rolls-Royce has signed a memorandum of understanding (MOU) with US utility Exelon Generation to pursue the potential for Exelon to operate compact nuclear power stations both in the UK and internationally. Exelon Generation will be using their operational experience to assist Rolls Royce in the development and deployment of the UKSMR.
- Source: NEI Magazine
- Date: Friday, 13 November 2020
- Original article: neimagazine.com/news/newsrolls-royce-signs-mous-on-smrs-with-exelon-and-cez-8358774
In the face of rising electricity demand, US energy secretary Rick Perry confirmed recently that work is underway on a plan to preserve some of the nation’s key nuclear power plants.
- Source: Nucnet
- Date: Tuesday, 04 June 2019
- Original article: nucnet.org/news/nuclear-is-vital-to-us-national-security-as-doe-works-on-rescue-proposals-6-2-2019