Filter by tags: South Korea Idaho National Laboratory Clear all tag filters
3 news articles found
US-based NuScale Power Corporation has opened the first privately-funded NuScale Energy Exploration Centre (E2 Centre) in Asia at Seoul National University (SNU) in partnership with GS Energy Corporation, Doosan Enerbility, and Samsung C&T Corporation. It will be used as a development tool for South Korea to develop the next generation of advanced nuclear experts, technologists, and operators. NuScale said this will position South Korea to become a regional leader of small modular reactor (SMR) deployment in Asia.
- Source: NEI Magazine
- Date: Saturday, 18 November 2023
- Original article: neimagazine.com/news/newsseoul-national-university-opens-nuscale-power-energy-exploration-centre-11306219
Samsung C&T and NuScale’s lead engineering, construction and procurement partner, Fluor Corporation, are also developing a business collaboration agreement to expand capabilities for future deployment of NuScale projects.
Under its agreements with NuScale and Fluor, Samsung C&T will draw upon its nuclear construction experience with the Barakah nuclear station in the United Arab Emirates and the Uljin station in South Korea, where it worked on Units 5 and 6, to serve as a partner to Fluor and other potential project participants.
John Hopkins, NuScale Power chairman and chief executive officer, said Samsung C&T’s expertise and investment in NuScale will be invaluable “as we seek to bring this revolutionary clean energy technology to market”.
- Source: Nucnet
- Date: Friday, 23 July 2021
- Original article: nucnet.org/news/nuscale-secures-investment-and-support-for-smr-project-from-south-korea-s-samsung-c-and-t-7-4-2021
Policymakers who ignore nuclear energy are not serious about meeting climate goals, delegates said at an Atlantic Council webinar last week. The first in the Raising Ambitions series, the event highlighted the attributes of this clean source of electricity and heat ahead of the Leaders’ Climate Summit, which the US Administration is hosting on 22-23 April.
- Source: World Nuclear News
- Date: Tuesday, 13 April 2021
- Original article: world-nuclear-news.org/Articles/Nuclear-power-can-help-raise-climate-ambitions