Filter by tags: South Korea Uganda Clear all tag filters
3 news articles found
The US Department of Energy’s (DOE’s) Office of Nuclear Energy has concluded the first-ever US Africa Nuclear Energy Summit (USANES) in Accra, Ghana. The summit was organised in partnership with Ghana’s Ministry of Energy and the Nuclear Power Institute of the Ghana Atomic Energy Commission. DOE said it “provided a platform for crucial dialogues and international cooperation on nuclear energy” where “participants from across the continent discussed the future of nuclear power and laid a foundation for sustainable nuclear energy growth in the region”.
- Source: NEI Magazine
- Date: Saturday, 11 November 2023
- Original article: neimagazine.com/news/newsfirst-us-african-nuclear-summit-concludes-in-ghana-11287149
Kampala wants first unit online in early 2030s
- Source: Nucnet
- Date: Friday, 11 August 2023
- Original article: nucnet.org/news/russia-and-china-will-provide-country-s-first-nuclear-reactors-president-says-8-4-2023
The choice of nuclear power is a "very wise" one, Ugandan President Yoweri Museveni told the opening of the 2nd Africa Nuclear Business Platform Conference. Uganda's Ministry of Energy and Mineral Development signed memoranda of understanding (MoU) with nuclear energy sector partners from Argentina and South Korea during the conference in Kampala.
- Source: World Nuclear News
- Date: Saturday, 18 March 2023
- Original article: world-nuclear-news.org/Articles/Nuclear-a-wise-choice,-says-President-of-Uganda