Filter by tags: Japan Research and development Clear all tag filters
2 news articles found
Civil engineering works have been completed on the building that will house the fusion machine of the International Thermonuclear Experimental Reactor (ITER) at Cadarache in south-eastern France. The final concrete was poured yesterday for the upper part of the Tokamak Complex, meaning the metal frame of its roof can now be installed.
- Source: World Nuclear News
- Date: Saturday, 09 November 2019
- Original article: world-nuclear-news.org/Articles/Civil-engineering-completed-on-ITER-tokamak-buildi
The US Department of Energy has announced it will provide $30m to US universities, private industry and national laboratories for a range of research projects in fusion energy.
In a statement the DOE said the funding will go to 10 US multi-institutional research teams to support fusion energy research at international facilities.
The main focus of the fusion energy research is sustaining high-temperature plasmas for long durations within superconducting tokamak facilities – donut-shaped devices that confine the plasma by means of powerful magnetic fields.
- Source: Nucnet
- Date: Saturday, 31 August 2019
- Original article: nucnet.org/news/us-doe-announces-funding-for-research-8-5-2019