Filter by tags: Japan European Union Germany India Russia United States ITER Clear all tag filters
2 news articles found
The Nuclear Research and Consultancy Group (NRG) of the Netherlands has completed the irradiation testing in the High Flux Reactor of a new type of metal that will be used in a test programme of the International Thermonuclear Experimental Reactor (ITER).
- Source: World Nuclear News
- Date: Wednesday, 30 January 2019
- Original article: world-nuclear-news.org/Articles/NRG-irradiates-steel-alloy-for-use-in-ITER
The Korean Superconducting Tokamak Advanced Research (KSTAR), a tokamak nuclear fusion reactor, achieved a world record of 70 seconds in high-performance plasma operation, South Korea's National Fusion Research Institute (NFRI) said in a statement on 14 December. NFRI said a fully non-inductive operation mode - a "high poloidal beta scenario" - had been used to achieve this long and steady state of operation using a high-power neutron beam. It said various techniques, including a rotating 3D field, had been applied to alleviate the accumulated heat fluxes on the plasma-facing components.
- Source: NEI Magazine
- Date: Thursday, 22 December 2016
- Original article: neimagazine.com/news/newsmilestones-for-several-fusion-reactors-5703886